VOLUNTEERING AT FOX: GETTING STARTED
We are grateful for your interest in volunteering at Fox. We welcome all parents, grandparents, and guardians into our classrooms and school. The volunteer clearance process has recently been changed by the school district.
Start your volunteer authorization process by completing the school district's required Volunteer Form by clicking on the link below (STEP ONE). This form indicates to the district your interest in volunteering. Next, visit the district webpage to determine the level of clearance you are seeking; your Clearance Level is determined by the type of volunteer work you will be doing. Print the required paperwork from the district webpage, and submit the completed forms to the school office.
1.) STEP ONE - Complete the District Volunteer Form
2.) STEP TWO - Determine which level of clearance you require (Level I, II, or III)
3.) STEP THREE - Print the forms for the required tests (TB, fingerprinting, and/or vehicle)
4.) STEP FOUR - Complete any required tests and submit paperwork to the school office
If you would like to read up on the procedures before submitting the district form, you can find additional information regarding volunteer clearance at both the district's website and here on our Fox website:
Our students' experience at our school is greatly enhanced by the participation of many volunteers. Because the safety of our children is so important, certain qualifications, screenings, and procedures have been established by the Belmont-Redwood Shores School District for all volunteers who work with students.
To figure out which screenings you need, just answer these three easy questions:
Will you work with children three or more times in a month?
- No: you do not need a TB test
- Yes: you need to complete the TB Questionnaire or test
- You only need to do this once in 4 years
- Take this form to your medical provider (you may need to pay them)
- Submit a copy of the Questionnaire or TB Test Results to the Fox Office.
Will you ever be with children when the teacher is not present? (ie. driving to field trips, tutoring, etc.)
- No: you do not need to be fingerprinted
- Yes: you need have Live Scan clearance (aka fingerprint clearance).
- ONCE DONE, IT IS GOOD FOR THE ENTIRE TIME YOU HAVE CHILDREN IN THE DISTRICT.
- See the District's Volunteer Page to begin the process (https://www.brssd.org/volunteer-information/)
- Please note there is a charge associated with completing the Live Scan.
- Contact President@BenFoxPTA.org for cases of hardship or availability of PTA funds to reimburse/subsidize the cost for families new to the school district (enrolled within the last 6 months).
Will you drive children? (even if it is only your own child)
- No: you do not need to submit any insurance or driver's license paperwork
- Yes: you need to provide (a) this form, (b) a copy of your current driver's license, and (c) a copy of your current car insurance
- This needs to be updated whenever the documents expire (for insurance, this is often every 6 months)
- The copy must document minimum coverage of $50,000 liability and $100,000/$300,000 accident
- Some insurance companies will allow an upgrade in coverage for just the day of the trip.
- Submit them all to the office, and also be sure that you have been fingerprinted (see information above)
This is only a summary of the official district policy. See the District Volunteer Page for complete information. If you have any questions, please direct them to Mr. Pappas or Nan Hirahara or Lily Golding in the front office. Note, that these are DISTRICT policies, not school policies.